Psychiatric disorders are a broad range of disorders with psychological or behavioral symptoms and/or impairment in functioning due to a social, psychological, genetic, physical/chemical or biological disturbance.
Psychiatric illnesses are sometimes characterized as disorders of the mind rather than the brain, although the distinction is not always obvious and has changed in the last few decades as understanding of the treated illnesses.
Your Initial Consultation is a comprehensive in-depth Medical, Psychiatric, and Psychological evaluation.
Diagnostic Psychiatric Screening
Comprehensive series of psychiatric diagnostic tests including screens for:
- Depression and Bipolar Mood Disorders;
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders;
- Adult Attention Deficit Disorders;
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders;
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders;
- Cognitive impairment.
Labs on new patients to:
- Rule out medical causes of psychiatric symptoms;
- record baseline data before prescribing medications that may lead to lab abnormalities;
- Screen for general medical problems.
Consultations with other physicians including: Obstetrics, Gynecology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Pain and Sleep Medicine to ensure comprehensive in-depth psychiatric care.
Integrated Diagnosis and Treatment
After your evaluation, Dr. Kittay will discuss his findings and diagnoses with you, and together with you develop a treatment plan.
As a Medical Doctor, he will:
- Prescribe medications to help restore imbalances in your body chemistry that are often a large part of psychiatric illnesses;
- Refer to psychiatric healthcare providers including psychotherapists and cognitive-behavioral therapists to deliver a continuum of psychiatric health care; Medical specialists including Neurologists, Endocrinologists Pain and Sleep and Women’s Health Physicians.